“For somebody new to the industry that I’m in, the wealth of knowledge I gained from the AIM facilitators is invaluable.”
Effective Communication - Online
Communication is the essential building block of a successful organisation. If you would like to express your thoughts and opinions to others with more confidence and conviction use this online short course to explore a range of proven communication techniques and strategies that can be used to develop and maintain successful relationships both inside and outside the workplace.
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed for anyone who’d like to improve their own personal communication skills to better express information and ideas to others in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course you will be better equipped to:
- Identify and develop your personal communication style while adapting your behaviours to better express your ideas in the workplace
- Understand the role of culture, stereotypes and bias in communication and break down barriers to effectively communicate
- Use active listening techniques and effective questioning skills to enhance your understanding and show empathy
- Give and receive appropriate feedback and use trusted techniques to deal with difficult situations
Online course – 6 modules
Learning online gives you the flexibility to study when you want, where you want, with 24/7 access to learning modules.
Activities, reflections and case studies throughout the modules link your learning back to your workplace.
myAIM is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Want to study on-campus?
If you wish to study on-campus with AIM please contact a Senior Training Advisor at 1300 658 337.
- Up to 6 months continuous access to myAIM.
- Downloadable course notes.
- Downloadable tools and resources.
Please note that the AIM online Short Courses are non-accredited and there is no assessment.
Our Course Design
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
Login Restriction Statement
Unique log-in details are provided to each student. Students must not share their log in details with other students.