At the end of the program, participants will have improved:
- Leadership skills in social and emotional intelligence and be able to link these skills to the critical elements of the ‘knowing, doing and being of leadership’
- Self-insight / social-insight and mastery in contemporary public sector work
- Skills in the application of knowing how to lead people, specifically in terms of building coalitions and building resilience in yourself and others
- Their capacity to adopt leadership behaviours by building confidence, skills and knowledge in communicating - up, down and out
- Their ability to better manage conflic and be able to apply adaptive techniques to challenging leadership situations
- Their awareness and insight into “leadership self”, identity and effectiveness as a leader and their ability to interact effectively
The public version of this program is run as a residential, ensuring that learning is undertaken away from the workplace. It is also offered in-house for organisations with a number of interested individuals, please call us to discuss suitable delivery solutions.
In the public version, the residential experience achieves positive outcomes by both providing opportunities to be immersed in learning and to develop relationships and providing a new space and context where participants were equal and existing barriers and hierarchies are broken down.
The principal venue used by CPM for its residential courses is The Briars which allows sole occupancy for CPM courses, so participants can get to know each other and interact within a private setting. Transportation to and from the venue is provided from Canberra by a chartered transport service.
The Briars is near Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, midway between Canberra and Sydney, some 15 minutes’ drive from the Hume Highway. More information on the venue is available here.
360° feedback is a process whereby leaders and staff members can receive confidential, anonymous feedback from the people they work with.
The power of 360° feedback as a means of self-awareness stems from its fairness and believability. Feedback from multiple perspectives, and from credible work associates, is powerful in motivating behavioural change. It enables clear and quantified feedback on strengths and areas needing development. Measurement through feedback also allows continuous learning.
At the personal level 360° feedback provides individuals with a means of taking stock of how others think they are performing at work, compared with how they themselves think they are performing. 360° feedback is important in that it emphasises self-responsibility and encourages self-development. The presentation of the feedback information makes drawing up personal development plans much easier.
For residential programs held at The Briars, you will be invoiced for $4,100 (GST inc). This includes meals, accommodation and return bus transport between Canberra and the program venue. Cancellations or deferrals after the closing date will attract a cancellation fee of $700, alternatively substitutes can be accepted up until 14 days before the course begins.
For non-residential delivery at AIM Brisbane, Canberra and Melbourne, you will be invoiced for $3,100 (GST inc)